- Koknese turns 740Koknese turns 740 in 2017.
- Koknese parish was createdIn 2009, because of a territorial reform, a region was created which includes Bebri, Irši and Koknese parishes.
- The Koknese FundThe Koknese Fund was established in 2005, in order to implement the Likteņdārzs project.
- Koknese re-categorized as a parishIn 1990, Koknese lost the township status and together with the surrounding rural area was re-categorized as a parish.
- The construction of the Pļaviņas hydroelectric power plant was finishedThe construction of the Pļaviņas hydroelectric power plant was finished in 1966, whereafter the most picturesque part of Daugava and Pērse valley, together with the Pērse waterfall, went under water.
- The first German farmersThe first German farmers arrived to Irši from Lübeck in1765, in order to show how to cultivate land.
- Irši parish was createdIn 1637, the northern part of ancient Koknese, the Baltava castle region, was given to captain Abram Hirsch.
- Koknese CastleIn 1420, the Koknese castle became the summer residency of the Archbishop of Rīga.
- Koknese received town statusKoknese received town status became a part of the Hanseatic League in 1227.
- Chronicle of HenryThe history of Koknese starts in 1205, when the place was first mentioned in the Chronicle of Henry describing events of the Livonian crusades.